As Featured in
Silo Ink Sustainable Printer Leasing Program For Educators
Posted on Wed, 20th February, 2013
NEVER buy a refurbished printer
Posted on Thu, 11th October, 2012
Why Ink Accuracy is always inaccurate
Posted on Mon, 17th September, 2012
Lexmark exits consumer inkjet printing business
Posted on Wed, 29th August, 2012
Silo Ink now taking orders for Europe and Asia!
Posted on Tue, 27th March, 2012
Cartridges – Best Practices
Keep your printer and SIlo Ink cartridges in tip top form with these basic tips:
- When installing your Silo Ink cartridges for the first time, perform 3 head cleanings to purge all the old ink out of the system. This will prevent clogs and inconsistent prints.
- When refilling your Silo Ink cartridges, refill slowly to prevent leakage.
- Wipe the computer chip (if any) on the cartridge every time you take it out for a refill to keep the contacts clean.
- Refill the Silo Ink cartridge immediately once you see that a certain color has run out.
- Only use Silo Ink refillable ink. This is because different brands will use different formulas, and when the inks mix, many times it will cause a clog in your printer.
- Keep your printer and ink away from direct sunlight.
- Use your printer at least once every 2 weeks to prevent ink from drying inside the printhead.